Voting NO on the 2013 EPSD Operating and Tech Referendums Means You Care about Each and Every Kid.
More Information Coming. Please Come Back SOON!
Please Come Back SOON!
Why Vote NO?
- Eden Prairie Community Members are VERY generous in funding our schools without administration's increase in the operating levy.
- Because it doesn't mean the district will run out of money.
- There are still too many unknowns to support increasing the operating levy.
- Eden Prairie School District administration has not fully and transparently examined efficiencies in building configuration, busing, and program delivery that could save taxpayer dollars.
- Eden Prairie School District administration is asking for an increase in the operating levy without cutting other tax-funded income to the district.
- Eden Prairie School District takes advantage of numerous opportunities to levy taxpayers without our consent, e.g., the Alternative Facilities Bonding and Levy Program.
- $9,604,000 is the projected fund balance of the Alternative Facilities Fund for FY2014. These funds comprise the lions' share of FY2014 Building Funds.
- Since its approval, the district has used 31% of the total Tech Levy funds to buy equipment and 69% on staffing and administrative needs.
- The district estimates that they will receive $9,762,019.00 more revenue per year if the referendum passes, yet their published spending plans only account for $2,305,550.00.